THESE PROPOSALS ARE TO DISCUSS CONCEPTS ONLY. ACTUAL LANGUAGE WILL BE DRAFTED AT A LATER TIME.
Regional Directors as Steering Committee:
- Keep existing 9 regions, but larger delegation from larger regions, for total of 27-40 board members. Keep affirmative action rules.
- Steering Committee of Board = 9 regional directors
- President may appoint up to 4 additional Steering Comm. members from Board to ensure racial / ethnic diversity
- Board members elected at national conference
- Whole Board meets at least once per year, sets annual strategic direction of NOW, presents plan for voting at National Conference
- Steering Comm. of Board performs fiduciary responsibilities & fundraising, meets several times per year (in-person or online).
1. If you want to share your thoughts on a proposal (remember these are just concepts, the actual language will be developed later), write your reply in the text box below the words Leave Reply, and in the box “Enter your comment here…”
2. If you want to respond to a comment that another NOW member has left regarding a proposal, click the small blue link that says “Reply” underneath said comment. It is very important that you click this reply button and not start another comment so that the conversation is easily followed and clear!
3. You MUST put your full name and chapter affiliation before every comment you leave. If a comment does not have a name and chapter affiliation it will not be approved. This is to ensure that only NOW members are commenting.
4. Remember be respectful and friendly! All NOW members want to work to improve the organization and it takes collaboration and patience on our part as a grassroots organization to make sure that all of our members voices are heard – even those with whom we may disagree with.
5. Be creative and don’t be afraid to say what you think! It is vital that you share your opinions — in order to create the best proposals possible we need to know what all of the members think! This site is for YOU to have your voices heard.