THESE PROPOSALS ARE TO DISCUSS CONCEPTS ONLY. ACTUAL LANGUAGE WILL BE DRAFTED AT A LATER TIME.
Chief of Staff Model:
- Chief of Staff at National Action Center
- Manager-level staffer
- Leads NAC staff and activities
- Represents NOW at coalition meetings and in DC
- Professional staff with experience run the NAC
- Three Officers elected and remain in original states
- Receive salaries and benefits at manager level (salaries would be significantly less than current salaries to help pay for Chief of Staff and other expenses below)
- Travel is paid for
- Remote work – must supply for tech and phone needs
- Officers can travel to assist states and chapters with organizing
* Note that parts this proposal would be written up as a recommendation from the body to the Officers as it is not the responsibility of the body to make NAC staffing decisions.
1. If you want to share your thoughts on a proposal (remember these are just concepts, the actual language will be developed later), write your reply in the text box below the words Leave Reply, and in the box “Enter your comment here…”
2. If you want to respond to a comment that another NOW member has left regarding a proposal, click the small blue link that says “Reply” underneath said comment. It is very important that you click this reply button and not start another comment so that the conversation is easily followed and clear!
3. You MUST put your full name and chapter affiliation before every comment you leave. If a comment does not have a name and chapter affiliation it will not be approved. This is to ensure that only NOW members are commenting.
4. Remember be respectful and friendly! All NOW members want to work to improve the organization and it takes collaboration and patience on our part as a grassroots organization to make sure that all of our members voices are heard – even those with whom we may disagree with.
5. Be creative and don’t be afraid to say what you think! It is vital that you share your opinions — in order to create the best proposals possible we need to know what all of the members think! This site is for YOU to have your voices heard.