Webinar Date: 12/10/2014 at 8pm ET
Discussion Board now open! Please use the comment box below.
Discussion Board Closes: 6/10/2015
In this introductory webinar, the officers outlined the various challenges that have led NOW to where it is today, in addition to how NOW plans to address these issues in 2015. The officers presented the organization’s financial challenges from 2004-2009 and the steps taken to facilitate NOW’s recovery from debt in 2009-2012. The recovery prompted a 2012 Board retreat, the outcome of which created the Structure Modernization Working Group. The timeline of the working group’s efforts were clearly delineated and included its work at the 2012 NOW Conference. Furthermore, the officers expanded on how the group’s work has continued through 2014. Also addressed during the webinar are the external challenges NOW faces, highlighting that these challenges and NOW’s internal structure must be considered when undergoing this participatory process leading up to the 2015 Strategy Summit & Bylaws Convention.
- Structure Modernization Discussion Guide
- Time for Change (2012)
- Amendments proposed by the NOW Structure Modernization Working Group:
- Amendment proposed by Washington NOW and Pennsylvania NOW
- Adopted: Proposed amendment to Article II
- Amendments proposed by California NOW and Oregon NOW
- Withdrawn: Proposed amendments